What is the Tough Mudder?
- 10-12 mile run/jog
- 20-25 obstacles
- Lots of mud
- Tons of FUN
There’s more…let me explain…
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. Please see more details here. Thank you!
Why would you sign up for a Tough Mudder?
- You’re looking for a challenge
- It’s fun
- No clock! Thank you, Tough Mudder inventors! The idea is to finish the event, no one will be timing you. That’s golden.
- It’s a team event. Wrangle up a few people you really like and get them to train and complete the event with you. (Your team can be one other person, my husband and I were our entire team for our first TM.)
- Because you’re a Badass. You know it’s true.
- Having a goal will give you that reason to exercise when you really just want to sit down and ingest a tub of cheese.
Do you need to train for it?
- You’re kidding, right?
- But, hey, you’re already working out so you just need to tweak your workouts to make sure you’re getting in enough running and strength training to be ready
How do you train for a Tough Mudder?
- I’ll post my 12-week training program on this site. I’ll show you how I cross-trained at home (using exercise videos and running) to prepare for my events (I’ve done 2 Tough Mudders). Was I fully prepared? You bet.
- I’ll post additional information about the race on my site as well (Check out Tough Mudder FAQ’s (part one & two) for information on shoes to wear, specific obstacle information, what to take to the race, etc.) so visit regularly for help prepping for your Tough Mudder
Can you really do it?
You’re a strong, amazing woman. Challenge yourself to train and complete this. You’ll know just what you’re capable of when you cross the finish line.
“Life is complicated. Fitness doesn’t have to be.”
Direct: [email protected]