Get Incredible Abs with Insanity Cardio Abs
What if I told you that you could get a really incredible core workout without doing any crunches??
That’s what Insanity Cardio Abs can do for you.
Cardio Abs is just one of the routines in the incredible Insanity series:
Insanity Cardio Abs is compact, fun, and effective.
Let me break it down for you…
If you use my link to purchase it helps support my business. Thank you! (No hard feelings if you don’t.) You can get more information about that here.
My rating– A
The Important Stuff about Insanity Cardio Abs
- Insanity Cardio Abs is a great core workout. It’s short and really gets in there where you want it to.
- Stretch out your hip flexors before you start. You’ll be using them.
- Shaun T does (almost) the entire workout with you. He doesn’t always do that so I have to point it out.
- You always have permission to rest when you need to. (You’ll need to, but make sure you get back in there a second or two after you unlock whatever’s locked up.)
- Remember to read to the end for tips to help you with every exercise in this routine as well as a few places you can compare prices for the Insanity series.
There’s not really a warm-up of any kind.
Get ready to jump!
Main Workout (The Exercises in Insanity Cardio Abs)
Stay on your feet for the first few exercises:
High Knees with a Twist
Wide Tuck Jumps
The rest of the exercises are on the floor.
You’ll need a mat or soft surface.
The first few exercises are in the ‘C-sit position’. Remember what I said about those hip flexors? If you have no idea what a hip flexor is you’ll figure it out in just a second.
Twists with Knee
A-Frame Ab Twists
A-Frame with Knee
Water Break (About ten minutes left)
This section is so hard. Don’t let the first move fool you by how harmless it looks.
Single Leg Raises
Both Leg Raises
Notice how Shaun T decides this is a great time to go walk around and give form pointers. But he already has amazing abs so he can afford to skip a few reps. (As soon as my abs look like his I’m totally skipping this exercise, too.)
The rest of the exercises are in plank position.
High Plank Alternating Knees
High Plank Alternating Knees Fast
Same exercise in Low Plank
Pulse Tucks in High/Low Plank
TIP-Don’t watch the crew do this because you’ll start giggling like a 12-year-old. Do the exercise and focus on contracting your abs.
You get a really nice two-minute stretch. Don’t skip it.
Cardio Abs is one of my favorite ab videos. Like the man says, “No sit-ups or crunches”. Love it.
You can find Cardio Abs in the Insanity series by Beachbody.
You can also find Insanity Cardio Abs in the Member Library of a Beachbody on Demand membership (consider this, it’s a great option, and free the first 30 days).
“Life is complicated. Fitness doesn’t have to be.”
Direct: [email protected]